A Recent Article in the New York Times Explores The Possibilty That U.S. Trained and Armed African Troops Are Involved in Mass Killings of Elephants.
The continuous slaughter of elephants by Islamist armed terrorist groups is bad enough. These criminals have been killing elephants for years for their beautiful ivory tusks, which they sell to the Chinese for money to buy more guns. But now there is emerging evidence that some U.S. trained and armed African armies are using modern weapons and helicopters to slaughter elephants on a mass scale. This whole situation should make you sick. First, the Chinese and rich Thais are paying huge amounts for ivory, which is fueling the growing armies of poachers. They use the ivory for such things as nick knacks and chopsticks. This behavior must end now. Make your fricking chop sticks out of wood or plastic.
The U.S. Government must immediately:
1. Re-instate a world wide ban on illegal Ivory Trade. Any Ivory from elephants who died from natural causes can be auctioned and the funds directed to support wildlife parks to protect elephants. Killing elephants for their ivory should be a crime of consequence, like life in prison.
2. Demand that China stop this nonsense NOW, or suffer massive trade sanctions. This is a sad case of people who are newly rich and want to “show off” by having expensive do-dads to show their friends how rich they are. I’m not picking on Chinese people, they probably learned this obnoxious behavior from Americans, who are professionals when it comes to showing off their wealth in bizarre destructive ways. Americans are also experts in animal extinctions, like what was done to the American Bison. So maybe we can use our knowledge of our own sad past behavior to save what is left of the herds of elephants in Africa, and make the Chinese realize how stupid it is to make chopsticks from ivory. They are shaming themselves in the court of world opinion, just as Americans did by slaughtering the beavers for hats or minks for coats. Most Americans have learned their lesson. We wear baseball caps made from fiber. Our coats are made from cotton and fabric. So to the Chinese people, I say take a hint from our past and join us in saving the elephants.. Stop the demand for ivory and the poachers will stop killing elephants.
3. The U.S. Military and its AFRICON (African Command) needs to be called on the carpet. The former commander, Gen Ward was removed and demoted for his activities. The U.S. must INSIST on keeping track of any weapons they are dolling out to the corrupt military forces in Africa. Any use of our assets, aircraft, etc.,to kill off wildlife should result in severe penalties, embargoes, and police action to bring these criminals to justice.
4. The U.S. should work harder with other countries to end the depredations of Islamist and other terrorist groups like the Janjaweed. Africa has suffered so much from these types of groups that it is unbelievable that the western powers have been unable to help poor African countries to protect themselves against these thugs.
Check out this article from www.savetheelephants.org Here is a clip from it:
The Tough Truth of Ivory Funding Terrorism
Christina M. Russo — Yale Environment 360
December 11, 2012
September 20, 2012 INTERVIEW Shining a Bright Light on Africa’s Elephant Slaughter Fueled by a rising demand for ivory, the mass killing of African elephants has reached extraordinary levels. In an interview with Yale Environment 360, New York Times reporter Jeffrey Gettleman discusses his in-depth investigation of the deadly ivory trade, which involves the U.S.-backed military forces of several African nations. by Christina M. Russo
With the slaughter of African elephants sharply intensifying recently as global prices for ivory have escalated, few articles have conveyed the scope and brutality of that trade as vividly as the one written earlier this month by Jeffrey Gettleman, of The New York Times. Entitled “Elephants Dying in Epic Frenzy as Ivory Fuels Wars and Profits,” Gettleman’s report described how tens of thousands of elephants are being killed annually for their tusks, with the carnage increasingly being carried out by African armies or by brutal armed groups that use the tusks to “sustain their mayhem.”
Jeffrey Gettleman In an interview with Yale Environment 360 contributor Christina M. Russo, Gettleman, the Times’ East Africa bureau chief, explained how weeks in the field helped him piece together an elaborate ivory trade that is fueled largely by Chinese demand and involves elements of the military from the Congo, South Sudan, and Uganda — all of which receive some funding or training from the U.S. government. Gettleman, who won the 2012 Pulitzer Prize for international reporting, also discussed how infamous armed groups — including the Lord’s Resistance Army (L.R.A.), the janjaweed in Darfur, and the Islamist group, Shabab — all participate in the poaching.
Read the rest of this: Save the Elephants
In case you missed the article on Robert Holmes/Whistleblower
Shocking details have emerged over the weekend regarding the alleged Colorado Batman shooter James Holmes.
Holmes’ father, Robert Holmes, reportedly is a senior lead analyst with FICO, and was scheduled to testify as a whistle-blower in the coming weeks regarding the LIBOR scandal, was was reportedly ready to NAME BIG NAMES involved in the massive global fraud as well as provide evidence to the Senate Banking Committee linking the high level executives to their crimes!
Robert Holmes, the shooting suspect’s father, is a senior lead scientist with FICO, the American credit score company. He was scheduled to testify in the next few weeks before a US Senate panel that is investigating the largest bank fraud scandal in world history. This banking fraud threatens to destabilize and destroy the Western banking system.
Robert Holmes not only uncovered the true intent of the massive LIBOR banking fraud, but his “predictive algorithm model” also traced the trillions of “hidden”dollars to the exact bank accounts of the elite classes who stole it. In other words, Robert Holmes could NAME NAMES!
Those names WOULD AWAKEN THE WORLD to the depth of government and corporate corruption which could include members of Congress, Wall Street, Federal Reserve and EU executives and could even include US Presidential candidates and the British Royal family.
The motives for the massacre are:
1) To silence whistle-blower Robert Holmes whose son is now facing a possible death sentence
2) To influence the upcoming vote on the UN Global Small Arms Treaty which could result in gun confiscation and disarming world citizens. The UN treaty could override national sovereignty and give a license to federal governments to assert preemptive gun control powers over state regulatory powers.
Weird coincidence? Check this out:
BREAKING NEWS: CT School Shooter Killer Link To LIBOR SCANDAL?
The father of Newtown Connecticut school shooter Adam Lanza is Peter Lanza who is a VP and Tax Director at GE Financial. The father of Aurora Colorado movie theater shooter James Holmes is Robert Holmes, the lead scientist for the credit score company FICO. Both men were to testify before the US Sentate in the ongoing LIBOR scandal. The London Interbank Offered Rate, known as Libor, is the average interest rate at which banks can borrow from each other. 16 international banks have been implicated in this ongoing scandal, accused of rigging contracts worth trillions of dollars. HSBC has already been fined $1.9 billion and three of their low level traders arrested.
(This post is from www.yardeats.com)
Now you know the power! The power of big corporations. Proposition 37 in California went down to defeat. The corporations spent somewhere around 45 million dollars to convince voters that they do not need to know what is in their food. It is unbelievable. We here at Yard Eats find it hard to fathom why people would not want to know that GMOs are in their food.
The defeat of Prop 37 makes it even more urgent that you should start your own backyard garden NOW! With no way to tell which products are genetically modified, consumers are now at the total mercy of corporate chemical warfare on their food. Be on the alert. Your life and health may be at stake!
P.S. A list of the corporations who financed the “No” on 37 is on the site WWW.You-Rant. Keep this in mind when you shop.
So you thought Bush and Chaney were sharing the 666 crown for taking away our freedoms, eh? Well how do you like the new king, Barry Sotero? Expanded wars, world-wide assassinations without trial, building concentration camps in the US, the National Defense Authorization Act, the renewal of the Patriot Act, the continued shame of Guantanamo, the militarization of the local police, the saber rattling in the far east (hey, why not get a war going with China to balance out the one coming up with Iran. A double-header as they say in baseball). This guy Obama is the worst enemy of Freedom who has walked the earth since Joe Stalin. Actually worse. Stalin had “show trials”. This guy doesn’t even do that, his trials are secret, the evidence is secret, the defendants have been tortured for years, the public only gets government propaganda about them after they end. If he stays in office another four years this website will be coming to you from Iceland, along with any others who value Liberty and Freedom of Speech.